Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

Current Addictions of the week...

Another round of my current "addictions". Happy July to everyone! Hope your summer is going well, mine is just dandy. Fun in the sun, at work and with bf, friends and family. Had a lovely day off and visited a local Baker Square with Grams and Mom. By the way, Bake Square is very underrated! Moving on...


Stereo Rose is heating up my July!



The highly anticipated MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Stereo Rose made its way into my hands this week and I can't put it down. I had to put my detective skills at work to be able to find this baby! I am definitely pleased with this, its a glowing coral blusher with bronze and champagne veining. It glides on like a soft coral-pink and really gives a pretty glow. I do find it hard to mix with more dramatic eye looks, it needs to be paired with very specific colors to look its best. I've been rocking it with a natural face of foundation and tons o' mascara for a pretty day look. I am not thrilled I paid $28 for this but it should last a lifetime. This is definitely a cult fave that EVERYONE was dying to get their hands on, selling out in hours and disappearing off the earth the same day. If you can get it, grab it, but don't go selling your house for it. I am seriously wanting to get the MSF in Petticoat but haven't braced myself for another $30. Probably be grabbing that one soon as I love the raspberry pink flush it lends.


One thing I would like to give me a nice pink flush is my crush Eminem. Eminem's album "Recovery" has been wowing me this week after doing more detective work to obtain it after all my stores sold out. I am a BIG Marshall Mathers fan from way back..about 6th grade. I was dying to go to his concert but my 12 yr old self wasn't allowed to go. Well I've gotten over that and bought most of his albums, but alas not the last 2 cd's as I felt...uninspired to do so. I am glad I waited because this album is gangster. I really like each song and love his lyrics. Not as much women killing and much more soul bearing. I was hooked at the first song! I highly suggest this one if your a fan, or a fan of hip hop in general. Rarely is a rapper so...honest. Its awesome.

"So I picked myself up off the ground, and fucking swam before I drowned
Hit my bottom so hard I bounced twice, advice this time around
It's different, them last 2 albums didn't count
Encore I was on drugs, Relapse I was flushing 'em out
I've come to make it up to you, now no more fucking around
I got something to prove to fans cause I feel like I let 'em down
So please accept my apology, I finally feel like I'm back to normal
I feel like me again, let me formally re-introduce myself
To you for those of you who don't know
The new me's back to the old me, and homie I don't show no
Signs of slowin' up oh and I'm blowing up all over
My life is no longer a movie, but the show ain't over 
I'm back with a vengeance homie."

--"Talkin' to Myself"  By Marshall Mathers.




 I opened myself up to a new deodorant this week and had a very dry and delightful smelling week! I tried Secret Clinical Strength Deodorant and was amazed with how bomb it was! I was hesitant because my underarms are very sensitive and picky but this one made the grade! No white marks--a revolution--write it down! No smell, no greasy feel and it absorbed super quick. I'm not sure if this is one I will use everyday of my life as it may be drying but for my hot summer days I'm keeping it! Its also super expensive for deodorant...friggin 8 bucks! I bought the $2 travel size to try it and was hooked. Keep me dry and pleasant smelling for like 2 days?  Umm yeah sign me up!



I am currently entrenched in "Eat Pray Love" By Melissa Gilbert. I just started it but can't wait to get into it more. I've heard great things about it and the story sounds fascinating and inspiring. It should be exciting to see Julia play out the movie as well. Very excited to read this book and see the movie!


Laura Mercier Metallic Eye Colour in Gold has been on my eyes a lot recently. Its a grayish gold metallic color that really makes green eyes pop. I dab a little of this on and I'm ready for work! Its simple, its easy and fast. Glide it on with a finger and wash your hands--done. I also have this in Burnished Copper for more dramatic looks that are truly beautiful.




















On the search for silicone free hair products to make my No Frizz Living Proof products happy I found Tresemme Naturals Moisture Conditioner. $5 for a liter size of decent conditioner is a good deal to me! The conditioner was lightweight yet hydrating, made my hair look and feel nice. No silicone, natural ingredients with avocado and Aloe Vera is music to these ears. It does have a light smell and conditions well, awesome poetry Jess! lol. Overall a decent product! They also make it in a volume formula and shampoos as well. It is "certifiably" made with some organic natural ingredients and keeps this Junky happy and a little bit more green! Rock on!




Have a lovely week!

--Junky Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment