Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Too Faced's Aqua Bunny gives you a little "Giselle Bundchen" glow.



Summer is the ultimate calling card for bronzers, so do you have a good one? Too Face just came out with Aqua Bunny, a water resistant, long lasting oil-free cream to powder bronzer. I know what your thinking..cream bronzer? Why would I want that? Now I was thinking the exact same thing, I have a few great bronzers that already work for me, why even go there? Personally I love my Too Faced Chocolate Soliel bronzer, a beautiful matte brown powder that smells like chocolate heaven. But I was feeling ballsy one day and went to my local Sephora and blended a little into my cheek. I was surprised I actually liked what I saw! I bought it, rushed home and played. I have to say this cream is a bronzed bunny's dream. Aqua Bunny has pretty packaging, a pina colada scent and a deep brown color in the pan. The deep bronze scared me and my fair fair skin but it blended easily and sunk into my skin very nicely. It was so smooth and creamy, it was literally a cinch to apply. The brush (cruelty free--thanks too faced!) actually works fantastic to apply this, dab a little on the sides of the bristles, tap onto the skin and blend my friends. It really blends easily on prepped skin (either foundation or moisturizer). I don't think this would go as well on dry skin, the brush would drag and the formula might cake up in dry spots. Just throw a little tinted moisturizer on and Aqua Bunny on top of that and your golden. lol.  The color has a nice warmth to it that makes it look warm and lovely on the skin, even somewhat believable as a tan. It never looked orange or like a "fake bake." The cream was lightweight and long lasting, although I don't know how "water resistant" it is, have yet to try it at the beach. Aqua Bunny has been a staple for me this summer, it truly does not budge for hours. I feel like a model when I have this on, like the "Giselle Bundchen" version of myself. It does fade over the course of an 8 hour day, like most makeup on me. It can be layered for a deeper bronze color, just blend the edges a little more. The smell is coconut/pina colada and I could not smell it when it was on my face. The packaging is pretty, a nice big mirror and a separate compartment for the brush. It has Vitamin E, Aloe Vera extract and Chamomile in it to help soothe the skin. It does not come cheap though, $28, which is comparable to all of Too Faced's bronzers.. I'm really glad I gave this a try, I now carry it in my purse in case Giselle needs to make an appearance.

www.toofaced.com

5 out of 5 lipsticks!


---Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment